1. Official name:
EaKmat Coffee Research and Technology Transfer Center (ECRC).
– Establishment Decision:
EaKmat Coffee Research and Technology Transfer Center was established under the Decision No. 2320/QĐ-BNN-TCCB on June 13th, 2016 of the Minister of Agricultural and Rural Development.
2. Telephone number, email and website:
– Tel.: +84 262.3832809 – +84 262.3862194
– Fax: +84 262.3833022
– Website: ttek.com.vn
3. Organizational Structure:
– Total personnel: 105 people including 01 PhD, 04 MSc, 23 BSc, 02 intermediate professionals and 75 workers.
– Leaders of the Unit:
Mr. Đào Hữu Hiền, M.Sc – Director of the Center
Tel.: +84 262. 3862943; Cell phone No.: +84 914142360
– Mr. Trần Quốc Hùng. M.Sc – Vice Director of the Center
– Divisions of the Center:
+ General Division
+ Production and Technique Division
+ Applied Research Division
+ Technology Transfer and Agricultural Extension Division
– Infrastructure and Property:
+ Headquarter (Village 10 – Hoa Thang – Buon Ma Thuot, Daklak): total area of 14.716,8 m2
+ 01 (dried and wet) coffee processing plant with capacity of 4 – 5 ton/day and total area of 800 m2.
+ 01 factory for mixing between soil and fertilizer to use for substrates for nursery, with capacity of 50m3/day and total area of 1.000 m2.
+ 01 factory for producing foliar fertilizers for coffee (NUCAFE) and black pepper (NUPE) and micro – enzyme, with capacity of 50 -70 ton/year NUCAFE, 30 – 50 ton/year NUPE and 5 – 10 ton micro – enzyme.
+ Total area of nursery and garden: 134.3 ha, in which 89 ha of coffee, 27.7 ha of rubber, 2.3 ha of cocoa, 7.3 ha of avocado, 4 ha of macadamia, and 4 ha of coffee scions for grating.
+ 01 nursery with total area of 5.5 ha supplies annually 4 – 5 million seedlings/graftings of coffee, avocado, macadamia and black pepper.
+ 01 garden to produce TRS1 coffee seed with capacity of 15 tons/year.
4. Functions and tasks:
– Research and transfer advanced technology; collaborate with local and international organizations and consult on coffee trees planted nationwide.
– Build up strategies, programs, projects and plans for coffee scientific research and advanced technology transfer to be approved by authorized organization and perform these tasks.
– Perform applied research, and research and development of the coffee.
– Transfer technology on developing and producing coffee, conduct experiments and farming on the basic of application of coffee research achievement.
– Cooperate with local and international organizations to research and develop technology, train and build up capacity for staff and conduct vocational training in accordance with the Law.
– Consult on assessing and building up an investment plan and provide services on coffee development corresponding with capacity of the Center in accordance with the Law.
– Produce and sell coffee and other seedlings as well as products supporting for coffee production; export and import equipments and technologies to develop coffee tree in accordance with the Law.
5. List of tasks and projects implemented from 2010 to 2017
– Building the pilot of sustainable agro-forestry economy development at 03 communes: Quang Tam, Dak Buk So and Dak R’tih of Tuy Duc district, Dak Nong province in 2011 – 2013
– Central Agricultural Extension Project on coffee planting and intensive cultivation in 2011 – 2013.
– Central Agricultural Extension Project on black pepper planting and intensive cultivation in 2011 – 2013.
– Central Agricultural Extension Project on coffee planting and intensive cultivation in 2014 – 2016.
– Project on producing coffee and cocoa seedlings in 2010 – 2016
– Project on producing coffee and cocoa seedlings in 2016 – 2020.