1. Official name: Division of Agriculture System
2. Telephone number: 0262 3862091; +84 262 3862589
3. Organizational Structure:
– Total personnel: 27 including 02 PhD., 09 MSc., 15 bachelors and 1 worker
– The Leadership of the Division:
+ Nguyen Xuan Hoa, PhD.
Position: Acting Head of Division
+ Pham Cong Tri, PhD.
Position: Vice Head of Division
Mobile: 0914151122, 0989824449
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
+ Chau Thi Minh Long, MSc.
Position: Vice Head of Division
4. Main activities:
– Major research with high science sense and practical application implemented includes
+ Develop and propose scientific and technological research tasks in the field of crops and agro-forestry systems in the Central Highlands.
+ Research on cultivation practice for perennial crops such as coffee, black pepper and cocoa for the aim of sustainable agricultural development in the Central Highlands.
– Technology transfer activities: Participate in consultancy and services of introduction of scientific and technical advances to production.
5. List of projects implemented from 2010 to 2017
– Review and formulate technical and economic norms for several perennial crops such as coffee, cocoa and black pepper;
– Develop the protocols and norms of water saving irrigation system for coffee;
– Study on solutions of organization for production of high quality coffee in the Central Highlands;
– Research on integrated technical measures to save input costs for coffee in the Central Highlands;
– Develop a sustainable coffee development pilot towards GAP in Binh Phuoc province;
– Develop an integrated crop management (ICM) protocol for Robusta coffee in the mature stage;
– Evaluate and transfer results of black pepper variety selection and integrated cultivation practice for black pepper in Gia Lai province;
– Study on technical protocol of black pepper production towards GAP in Gia Lai;
– Research on determining a dissolvable NPK fertilizer formula specialized for black pepper;
– Pilot study of the dissolvable NPK fertilizer formula specialized for black pepper;
– Do consultancy on the implementation of the black pepper value chain pilot in Dak Nong province;
– Research on improving the integrated crop management (ICM) protocol for coffee;
– Research on sustainable cocoa development in Vietnam;
– Develop pilots of sustainable development of main perennial crops in the Central Highlands;
– Develop an integrated crop management (ICM) pilot for replanting coffee in Dak Lak and Dak Nong Provinces;
– Develop integrated management pilot (ICM) for replanting black pepper in Dak Lak.
– Survey, evaluate and propose plans on converting grass and rubber plantations into orchards;
– Research on the response of high yield coffee varieties with different nutrient levels in the Central Highlands;
– Develop a demonstration pilot of the water saving approach in intensive farming system of Robusta;
– Develop an intercropping protocol of perennial crops in coffee plantations.
* Outstanding transfer results
– Compilation of the agricultural extension curricula “Techniques for planting, cultivating, harvesting and processing black pepper”;
– Consulting and training (ToT, FFs …) on replanting techniques, sustainable production, and certified production (4C, UTZ, RA …) for coffee and black pepper, etc.
– Consulting, designing, manufacturing and installing the water saving irrigation system and fertilization for coffee and black pepper.